Wow we are already half way through the month of May and Celiac Awareness Month is alive and kicking! There are so many great things happening this month not only here in Austin, but across the country.
Here are some great events, blog-posts and contests that you can take part in and/or should check out:
- Olive & June – For two nights next week, Chef Shawn Cirkiel is showing his support of Celiac Awareness Month by host dinner on Wednesday, May 23rd & Thursday, May 24th, both of which will be served at their chef’s table – Get your tickets here & join me for a fabulous gluten-free dinner at Olive & June!
- “Life in Pictures” is a great month-long blog post by Austin Blogger IamJtheBlog. She came up with this amazing idea to have guest bloggers share their story and life with either Celiac’s Disease and/or a gluten intolerance through a series of pictures. It’s been amazing to see just how well we all live gluten-free! Sure doesn’t look like we’re missing out at all! Here is the link to my guest blog post for “Life in Pictures”& make sure to check out the other guest bloggers, as there is a post for each day in May.
- ZenBelly – Simone owns ZenBelly Catering in San Francisco. She’s got a kickstarter that is in it’s last day today and she’s working on setting up a shared gluten-free kitchen! Sign-up to be a backer of this amazing project & give San Francisco it’s first shared gluten-free kitchen for gluten-free bakers, chefs and anyone with a naturally gluten-free products.
- Amy Green, author of Simply Sugar & Gluten-Freeheld a give-away of KIND Bars on her website.
- Release of Locate Special Diet – Blogger turned Tech Enterpenuer Jessica Meyer of ATXGluten-Free.com has created a wonderful location based mobile app that provides you with the location of restaurants that cater to your specialty diet needs! I’ve signed up so should you!
- National Foundation for Celiac Awareness is holding a “Pantry Raid” – Make a donation and the Grand Prize Winner will get a knock on their door from NFCA Founder & President Alice Bast to fill your pantry with a wealth of gluten-free products so you have a well stocked gluten-free kitchen! I’m in . . .here’s your chance to win – Click here!
- Austin Food Blogger Alliance City Dining Guide 2012 – Wow there is a great gluten-free listing of Austin restaurants broken out by breakfast, lunch & dinner. Austin Blogger Rebecca Saltsman provides the reader with a quintesential list of Austin breakfast hotspots serving up gluten-free breakfast classics & more via her blog Salt’s Kitchen. Order up lunch as some of the hot spots and my personal favorites on my blog Blinded By The Bite! From downtown to South Congress to the current hot spot – East Austin, you won’t be disappointed by the list of Austin Restaurants serving up gluten-free lunches. And to cap it off and finish your night, try a few of the gluten-free dishes that Jessica Meyer of ATXGluten-Free shares in via her blog of the same name!
- Whole Foods Markets– Make sure to check out their every growing gluten-free product lines. Not sure were to start & new to being gluten-free? Just stop at Whole Foods Conceirge desk and they put you together with one of their specialty food employees who can walk you though what’s available to you in their store. They also have a list of products available on-line as well – Click here to access.
- Celiac Disease: Life In Pictures Series – Celiac Awareness Month 2012 (blindedbythebite.wordpress.com)
- Herbivoracious – Cookbook Author Michael Natkin Stops in Austin, TX (blindedbythebite.wordpress.com)
- BBQ & Bourdain (blindedbythebite.wordpress.com)
- Blinded By The Bite Giveaway – Pair of Passes to WholeFoods “Do Something Reel” Film Fest (blindedbythebite.wordpress.com)