I know it’s Superbowl Sunday but for those of you not into football this Sunday Austin, TX is home to the Gluten & Allergen Free Wellness Event, being held out at the Travis County Expo Center from 10am-3pm.
What’s important about events like these for the gluten-free community?
- Learn about new products that have come onto the market place.
- Meet other individuals who are living with Celiac Disease/Gluten-Intolerance
- Learn new cooking/baking skills through demo’s
- Have fun of course!!
This will be my first time attending this specific conference by I am looking forward to attending the speaker sessions they’ve got lined up which include:
- 10:10-10:40am: “Good Gluten Grief” – Nikki Everett Director of Event Coordination and Chapter Leader of R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids)
- 10:45-11:30am:”Four Ways to Save BIG on a Healthy Gluten-Free Diet” – Jennifer Fugo from the Gluten Free School.
- 11:40-12:20am:”Functional & Concierge Medicine – How to Live to 100″ – Dr. Liesa Harte of Elite Care
- 12:30-1:15pm “How to Make a Gluten-Free Menu Plan for Your Family – Pam Jordan of “I’m A Celiac“
- 1:25 -2:10pm:”Elemental Keys to Wellness” – Beth Mincher of Elemental Wellness
- 2:15 -3:00pm: “How Underlying Food Intolerance May Be Robbing You of Your Health” – Jennifer Buchanan of Elite Chiropractic (Austin, TX)
Included with the price of admission ($11.00 per adult/Children under 13 are free) is:
- Speaker Sessions listed above (great job on not overlapping these sessions as they’re all important)
- Product sampling and the ability to purchase from more than 50+ companies
- Cooking demonstrations
- Free gift bag (to put all your gluten-free goodies in to take home)!
The event has lined up top-notch sponsors so there are going to be some fun giveaways during Sunday’s event! Speaking of which I have four (4) tickets to giveaway to this Sunday’s event – Enter here:
Come out and join me Sunday for the Gluten & Allergen Free Wellness Event. I am looking forward to all of the speakers and the opportunity to meet new friends & old who are living with food allergies and are coming together to learn to live a healthier lifestyle. Keep an eye out on the hashtag #AustinGFAFWellnessEvent for official updates on Twitter and Instagram!
Want more from Blinded by the Bite!Ã¢â€žÂ¢ – You can find me here:
All photo¬â„¢s provided here are property of the Gluten & Allergen Free Wellness Event or as otherwise note property of Blinded by the Bite! Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Lifestyle Group. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Blinded by the Bite! Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Lifestyle Group and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Rachelle King and Blinded by the Bite! Ã¢â€žÂ¢ with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.