Kicking off Summertime with Jose Cuervo
I had to work on the 4th of July, so I knew I wanted to be able to come home and whip up something quick and easy, as it sure is hot here in Austin now that summer has officially arrive. So I threw in a pork sirloin, garlic, pink Himalayan salt & a whole onion into the slow cooker two days before so it would be perfect for tacos on the 4th of July! And what better to go with taco’s than iced tea? Jose Cuervo’s Iced Teagarita is what! Having been sent this adorable package from Jose Cuervo, I just knew it would be perfect pairing for celebrating 4th of July with my mom!
So I got off work at 3:30pm and headed straight home. Mom had all the fixin’s ready for the taco’s and all I had to do was get margaritas ready! My mom likes her margaritas blended and on the citrus-y side. What I loved most about Jose Cuervo’s Teagarita is one can simply pour it over ice and it’s ready to go, or jazz it up with fresh fruit & blend it up!
Here is my recipe:
Citrus Bomb Teagarita Margarita
- 1 cup of lemonade (reserve 1/2 cup of lemonade to add if needed due to consistency of margarita)
- 1/2 bottle of Jose Cuervo Teagarita (750 ml bottle)
- 2 blood oranges juiced and pulped
- ¼ of lime juiced and pulped
- Ice (fill blender pitcher 1/2 way & add more ice as needed – Note: I use a 64 oz blender container)
- Lemon for garnish
- Mix well and enjoy (add more ice and lemonade as needed; garnish with fresh lemon or limes wedge
How do you Cuervo? Be sure to check out Jose Cuervo’s Facebook Page & Twitter hashtag #CuervoTeagarita for more summer inspired recipes!
- 1.75L ($19.99 MRP)
- 750ml ($12.99 MRP)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. All photographs by Rachelle King of Blinded by the Bite!™