With many schools letting out this week, parents are doing the frenetic dance that takes place every summer, finding themselves asking “What do I as a parent look for in snacks and treats for my little ones?” Most parents I know are looking for snacks and treats that combine one or more of the following:
- Easy to make (grab-n-go)
- Low in sugar
- Healthy but snack/treat the kiddo’s will like
- Recipes the little’s can help make
With my being constantly on the go and living with Celiac Disease, I am looking for quick, delicious treats that are more on the healthy side. I have a sweet tooth, but these days this girl is watching her waistline as much as possible. I want to get the “most bang for my buck“ if I am going to indulge in a snack/treat while trying to eat more healthy and keep the pounds off.
Here is a round-up of some allergy-free snacks from some of my favorite food bloggers that are kid friendly, easy to make and sure to please your little ones, as well as one from Elise Bauer of Simple Recipes for the little’s that don’t have food allergies:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Gluten-Free Mom (gluten-free)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars – Simple Recipes (regular recipe)
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – Blackbird Bakery (gluten-free)
- Key Lime Mouse – The Blender Girl (gluten-free/vegan)
- Mexican (not fried) Ice-Cream – Manifest Vegan (gluten-free)
- Missouri Muds – Blinded by the Bite! (featured on Local Savour) (gluten-free)
- Pesto Popcorn – Stetted (gluten-free)
I hope you and your little ones (even your teenagers) enjoy these snacks and treats. I’ve sampled a few of them personally and think they’re pretty tasty. Do you have a favorite allergy-free snack/treat that you make for your little ones? Want a recipe converted into a gluten-free version, let me know as I’m happy to help!
All Photo’s are property of each blog listed above and thus all rights are reserved by original author of recipe.